After 15 years or so running a club in Nottingham I got a chance to be a comedy night in London. Well, I say got a chance, I did get put on in a shit hole in Tufnell Park last year. The promoter that runs me moved to London. He happened to move opposite a pub called Tufnells.
In previous days this place had been called The Tufnell Park Tavern and was home to Bound and Gagged. But things had moved on and it was now called Tufnells. The promoter, Darrell, had reservations at first, what with all the rubbish that was going on there.
Anyway, he went in and cracked a deal. The club launched with Tim Vine, Richard Herring and Andrew Maxwell on the same bill. Pretty impressive, just that the venue was a complete shit hole. The whole place was chaos. No one ever did what they said they would do. It had a really bad reputation in the area. Before launching Darrell had to go to court as a form of defence for the landlord. All the locals were trying to shut the place down due to noise and all sorts of shit.
I'll tell more later...
Sunday, 5 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment